This question has been flagged
17 Replies

I have a work flow where it necesarry to edit sales orders, but I see that editing is not available by default.

The reason that I need sales orders to be editable is because there are usually changes between what the customer ordered and what we eventually supply to him. For example, he ordered 1kg of tomatoes but supply him 1.1kg of tomatoes (because fresh produce is usually not accurate in weight). This is normal and accepted by the customers but in OpenERP we can't edit the sales orders to update the ammounts (also, we some times can't supply certain products so they need to go off the sales order).

In short, we need the ability to edit sales orders. Is this possible? What complications might this incur? One foreseeable issue is that it would be wise to turn off the automatic triggering of delivery orders because they would have wrong amounts otherwise.

Thanks, Shahar

Discard
Author

I'm thinking that perhaps the sales order should not change. Perhaps only the invoice should change but what about the delivery orders, then? I'm not even sure that we require delivery orders. They are internal documents, aren't they? Or are they the same thing as delivery certificate?

Author

So if editing sales orders is not recommended because it will lead to inconsistencies, then where should I make the edit? In the invoice?

Author

II don't need to edit sales orders. What I needed was the "invoice by delivery orders". I needed to rephrase the question: help.openerp.com/question/12332/how-to-handle-a-workflow-in-which-changes-to-customer-orders-during-packaging-are-the-norm

Did you consider creating a new sales order for the differences between the initial one and the actual deliveries? I know it is not highly elegant, but... The new SO would need to make reference to the first one for auditing purposes.

Best Answer

Yess you can edit by changing the view file but its not recommended.

Discard
Author

How is this done, please? Why is it not recommended?

which field you want to edit? Its not recommended because every module has its workflow. Once sales order is confirmed its stock move, invoices are also generated. And a single mistake will be very painful for you in future.

This is the wronh thing you can do. When you confirm an order, openerp create stock move with products and quantities relative to order lines. If you change a confirmed order, you can't know how many product you have moved, for example.

Bad reply ..

Best Answer

If you want edit a confirmed sale order, you can delete stock move relative to this order, reopen it, set it as draft, modify the order and confirm it again. This is the unique solution. If the order generate an invoice you must delete the invoice too.

Discard
Author

Thanks. This is too much work for a fixed workflow.

Why do you want to modify a confirmed sales order? Because you had an agreement with the customer (the order), and one of the parties wants to change the agreement.

Author

I guess that this is the answer, even if I won't end up doing this. I had the wrong question :)

@Patrick I know this is very late to the party, but there are many reason why you would want to reopen a sales order other than something so accusatory or drastic as "one party wants to change the agreement." Ie, a situation we are now trying to solve is a new user created a sales order under the wrong shop. They used the parent company shop and now everything from SO, DO, and Invoice are incorrect. You can't edit just the invoice and have to figure out a way to retrace all the steps.

Best Answer

I have just found https://www.odoo.com/apps/7.0/sale_order_reopen which I am investigating now. It sounds promising, but I have yet to test it and so don't quote me.

Discard

After installing all the dependencies (account_invoice_reopen, stock_picking_reopen, and sale_order_reopen) it turns out it cannot handle all cases including my own. I cannot edit a confirmed sales order, I cannot edit a delivered delivery order, etc.

Best Answer

I have tested the module mentioned by Sean Samborski. It had some bugs to run on v8, but made some changes and seems working fine on v8. If any one needs help, pls contact me: akhilpsivan01@gmail.com

Discard
Best Answer

I have the same requirement -I want to change a SO in concert with the customer. So very interested to know whether a workable solution is available for modifying a SO.

My way of working (service company no warehouse management) - duplicate SO and modify new quotation -  remove old SO.

Discard