This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I've been working with OpenERP for 5 years now.

This time, i have a customer that want it to function with oracle. I started to work on that and i'm facing some difficulties. I made some progress by the way. I'm still unable to login but tables are automatically created in database.

To go further or speedier, i would like to know if someone has a documentation on the relation and the function of the classes composing openerp's ORM.

Also, with openerp 5 there was a project to make it function with mysql. I saw that the project was based on sqlalchemy if someone has docs on this project, it will help me for sure.

My work will be distributed freely so any help will be appreciated.

PS : if you want to access to my sources let me know. i will send you a link by email.

Discard

The mysql port has been financed by Sun but aborted when Oracle decided to buy Sun. It was working, but far from being useable in production (mainly for performance issues)

Author

Fabien, thanks for your reply. Do you have some docs on how openerp's ORM function ?

Best Answer

The ORM is based on PostgreSQL and a lot of SQL queries in the modules use the PostgreSQL dialect. The answer is No.

Sorry

Discard

+1 @Charly: Don't do it. In the long run you'll be doing a bad service for your customer porting OpenERP to Oracle.