This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi I'm using Odoo.sh v13

I'm quite new to the Odoo. And I want to add a discount field in Odoo purchase app and calculate the subtotal field referencing from discount. I want to do it without touching the source code. Maybe using only Odoo studio and other developer features.

Is it possible to achieve that? If possible how? Moreover, can anyone recommend decent Odoo learning platforms alternatives since the documentation of Odoo is very limited.

Thanks for your time.

Discard
Best Answer

Out of curiosity, why do you need that? Why don't you just record the net price in the PO line instead of recording the gross and a discount. I am asking because we discussed about that in R&D and decided not to implement it because:

- if you change the net price to be the gross * (1-discount), you might have rounding errors and not have the exact same amount than your vendor. So, it's less risky to record the net price.

- with Odoo Studio, I recommend you to just add a gross price and ask your user to record the gross and the discounted one (net). That will be much easier than changing the behaviour of the current price field.

Discard

I just want to point that recording the discount may be helpful for measuring performance of both procurement officer and vendors !