This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi, I'm just starting to test openerp 7.

I must be two-left handed and have half of a brain because I just can't manage to send emails. Outgoing and incoming has been properly set up for Gmail IMAP (at least OpenERP says so when tested).

But when I try to send one and check in Technical/ Emails/Emails (history) and check the email that I tried to send, I get a failed delivery Status, which I can understand as outgoing mail server is shown as being empty.

Any help ? :-) Thanks

Discard

Could you specify the error you are getting? Is there any logs in the server? Or at least, tell us what are your trying to do to send the email.

Author

Thanks a lot for your quick reply and sry for not checking this sooner.

So I managed to get back the other half of my brain to notice that I already had fetchmail working on my server from a former test. Desactivating it made openerp fetchmail work properly.

Author

Thanks a lot for your quick replies and sry for not checking this sooner. So I managed to get back the other half of my brain to notice that I already had fetchmail working on my server from a former test. Desactivating it made openerp fetchmail work properly.

Best Answer

Check your log, it gives you more information on any errors you could be having.

On my case, the error was that I didn't had a FROM field configured for outgoing emails. I forgot to configure an email for the current company, use any, info@yourcompany.com for example.

Discard

Where did you configured that "from" field? Do you know if that can be configured per user?

I'm sorry, I can't answer your question, I don't remember exactly where it was located. As for the users configuration, try asking a new question and other users will help you for sure. Saddly I'm not working anymore with OpenERP, switched job and now I'm full time sql developer and DBA.

Author Best Answer

Thanks a lot for your quick reply and sry for not checking this sooner.

So I managed to get back the other half of my brain to notice that I already had fetchmail working on my server from a former test. Desactivating it made openerp fetchmail work properly.

Discard