This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Let's say Product A and Product B is the same, but they are just different packaging. Product A is 250g packaging Product B is 500g packaging

(And I want to keep track of how much I have of those products in my inventory.)

Now, lets say I have 2 x Product A (total of 500g) and a customer wants to buy Product B but I don't have any Product B left in my inventory. Therefore I want to repack Product A to become Product B.

How do I do this on OpenERP?

Discard
Best Answer

If you want to make a product B from a product A you should use a manufacturing order with a BoM for product B that contains product A. You might do the same in the opposite direction. Manufacturing orders should be put manually in the system.

Also the packaging might be used, but having two different products is a lot simpler.

Discard
Best Answer

Set the unit of measure to g and sell by the gram, you wouldn't need to have separate products ( ex: Tomatoes sold by the Kg )

Make sure your current user has the Manage Multiple Units of Measure access right, so that you can choose a unit of measure for your product.

Discard
Author

Sorry I wasn't being clear on my question. I sell my products in boxes. Each box can have different plastic packaging inside (250g and 500g), and hence each box may have different weights (depends on the packaging inside)