This question has been flagged

We paint material for customer and in some cases the customer bring us the material which needs to get painted.

How can we deal with material which isn't ours but we need to know where it is, when it comes, when it leaves?

Example: Mr. Huber bring us 4 car wheels to paint.
We need to know when he will bring it to us. (WH/IN)
We need to know where we stored them. (WH)

We tried creating a product "Car wheels from customer" but because is has no vendor it never creates a WH/IN.
Different customers bring us car wheels so it's not a solution to simply add a vendor since it's very different.

Thanks in advance!

Discard

I have same problem if you found answer please help me with that

Best Answer

Hi,

To have Odoo create a 'Receipt' operation from a sales order, you can create a new route

1. Create a new route.. Inventory > Configuration > Route

2. Rule - Action - Push To; Operation Type - Receipt; Source Location - Partner Locations/Customer; Destination Location - WH/Stock

3. Select this route on the products or product category where this route requires to be applied

Expected behavior - On sales order confirmation, 'Receipt' operation is created for this product with customer in the "receive from" field. Delivery orders will be created as you have it currently (1step, 2step. 3 step or as you have it configured)

Additionally, you could choose to track customer product through your warehouse using Lots or serial numbers by providing on receipt operation.

The above is a concept which you might require to modify specific to your business and process needs.
Hope this helps!
Best regards

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Mike:

You can enable the Manage consignee stocks setting for this. Here's a link to the documentation that explains this setting for Odoo 10.

How to manage stock that you don't own? 

Discard

The tutorial only explains the part when Receipt of incoming product is already generated.

And one has to assign ownership manually.

I suppose OP's ideal workflow would be having odoo automatically generate the Receipt.

This Receipt also knows which customer owns it, chained from the Sales module.