This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Does anyone recommend creating a Generic Client in Contacts just to avoid entering contacts in the database that will not proceed with the purchase?

I was thinking on creating a generic client that I could use for quotations and  sale oportunities and once the potential client approved the quotation I could enter their information in contacts and edit the sale order. 

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Eva,

There are couple of points I wish to make here.

• Creating generic customer & change it with the actual details further can be forgotten by user & hence error-prone
  • You always have an option to create a customer On-The-Go while creating Leads / Opportunities or even Quotation
  • Yes, you can ask for more specific information later but at the time, You can directly create a customer on-the-go
  • In this case, if the customer is already there, system will let you select the same, else it will create new in seconds

So, in my opinion, its better to avoid having a common / generic customer but better to use the On-The-Go creation of customer as described in my points above.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Discard