This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I just reinstalled OpenERP after backing up the DB, 1. I then created a DEMO DB, 2. downloded/Installed modules 3. Restored my DB

Everything else works just fine, but i keep getting the following error when I just open the Project Tab and any other Project related view:

"View error

Can't find field 'description_pad' in the following view parts composing the view of object model 'project.task': * project.task.form.pad Either you wrongly customized this view, or some modules bringing those views are not compatible with your current data model"

Does anyone have a ready fix as am not an advanced user?

Discard
Author

Actually the error i get first is the following: View error

Can't find field 'issue_count' in the following view parts composing the view of object model 'project.project': * project.project.kanban.inherited

Either you wrongly customized this view, or some modules bringing those views are not compatible with your current data model

Best Answer

You should go and delete the views that you modified directly.

It is a very common error when you mix Views manually edited and new modules.

Other option is verfy in your code the xml reference mentionesd in your code (searching the chain "issue_count" in your addons path(s)

BTW, if you don put your code or all the conext of the error it is near to impossible help you, i can only share with you what the error means.

"You are inheriting a view who doesn't have the field that you take as pivote to show some other new field."

But BTW if you share with us revision of your code , and the modules you have installed is really more easy detect the problem.

Discard