This question has been flagged
1 Reply
  • Hello, we are having a problem within access rights apparently, where a Helpdesk user can't paste an image by CTRL+C -> CTRL+V either in a note or a repply to a client.

The following message pops up:

https://imgur.com/a/1DiAgsy

In English it should be something like this:

Odoo Server Error - Validation error
Error while the restrictions were validated  The operation could not be completed due to security restrictions. Contact your system administrator.

(Document Type: Task, Operation: read)
None

Any ideas on where to give the access right??

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

The error message says that the logged in user group has no permission for the read operation in the model Task,ie project.task . So what you have to do is that activate the developer mode and navigate to Settings -> Technical -> Security -> Access Control / Record Rules and adjust the existing rules or add new rules for the user group, such a way that the user get the read access for the Task Model.

Thanks

Discard
Author

Thanks for your answer, the thing is that in my experience, normally in those type of access errors, the model should be specified in type of document or at the bottom of the message, I have tried to go to "technical -> database structure -> models" if there is a "Task" model, but I haven't found it alone, all others access rights withing task (i,e, project,task, project.task.helpdesk.user, etc.) have read option enabled.

I'm currently out of ideas on how to solve this.