This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I was wondering if it is possible to give read-only access to analytical accounts to a specific user, I've been looking on the user permissions settings but I haven't found a way to do it yet. 

I imagine that removing write permissions to analytical accounts could break the functionality in time-sheets or projects, but what I would like to be able to do is to have a user access one specific analytical account where he could see his balance and analytical entries which are automatically generated when creating invoices with some products that default to their analytic account adding to their balance.

The problem is that then that user could easily delete or modify the value without leaving any trace as odoo doesn't track changes on analytical entries. And it's important that they can not modify it as that's the amount of money they are going to receive at the end of the month, so I want them to be able to know how much they will receive but not modify it.

Discard
Best Answer

Create a group with only read permission for the model and add it to the users you want.

Discard
Author

But if I change the permissions in account.analytic.line for read-only then the user is not able to make time entries from the projects app.

So it should affect only to some analytical accounts.

I haven't created any specific model for them to access the analytical account, what I'm doing is add the analytical account as a custom dashboard. Is it possible to apply the permission individually to some accounts?