This question has been flagged
3 Replies

When importing products or customers from a CSV file I create a sample exported CSV file from V7. My questions are:

• 1) Are the required/compulsory fields highlighted in blue?
  • 2) Some fields are not highlighted in blue but when you expand them the sub fields are highlighted. If these sub fields are left out would the data import be compromised?
  • 3) Does anybody have a set of demo import CSV files for importing? I would like to have a look at these so I don't duplicate or end up entering wrong info.
  • 4) What would you recomend be imported? I am importing customers, products and take on balances. Other data will be created, however if you have other import files I would appreciate them as well.
  • 5) If at a later time I do another import using partial fields, will only those fields be updated or will the entire product /customer details be changed. For example I do a stock import ommitting the storage location fields and after a few months I do another import where I change product categories only and add in storage locations.
Discard

I think it is better to split your question (s).

Best Answer

Hi

I created some templates that were uploaded here

Regard,

Discard
Author

Thanks will have a look at them

Thanks, just wanted to let you know that your answer is helping others, too.

Mario, For clarification, are these templates the absolute minimum fields that are required for the records?

Hi Nick, not necessarily... We have been creating/collecting them from each client's installation, and it could be possible to remove one or two more...

Thanks Mario...!!

Your answer is so helpful for others. Thanks for sharing!

Best Answer

Great stuff. Thank you for the response, Mario.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi  mamak111,

I think this video can help you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOBxxnYDIsM&list=PLSKcWRTtEl5qzvRaI-VTGavfReiHS_EEb&index=1

Discard