This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Is the module report designer available with version 7 ? Maybe an other one to replace it ?

Discard
Best Answer

The report designer is available in v7. It's the module called base_report_designer.

It works on OpenERP online and on OpenERP On Premise.

By default, OpenERP Online use an OAuth authetification mechanism but you can also assign a normal password to your user to allow external plugin to connect to your instance. So, if you want to use the report designer in v7, you must assign a password to your user user the top menu: More > Change Password

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi, Answer was on the Internet : Report_designer module is no more part of server. Indeed, news report should probably use Webkit instead of RML

Discard
Best Answer

You have the reportdesigner in the 7.0 but only for the on-site version and not on the online version because we use OAuth and the reportdesigner only uses the login/password for the access.

Discard
Author

Hi, I'm not using online version. I don't find report designer in the module avaiblable list. You say I can use it, it's a good news. But how can I get it ?

openerp report designer is in the "extras" area. it is called "openerp report designer". install it. you will then find it in the configuration section under "Reporting". click that and the instructions follow

How can OpenERP Online users customize their reports via the OpenOffice report designer plugin, if they are denied access due to OAuth? The plugin is the only way they can customize their reports, since they do not have access to the backend report code.

I am also trying to customize the reports, specifically for the invoices. But I don't see where this can be done in the OpenERP online version. Is there something I am missing? How can this only be an offering of the on-site/installed version. Does not make much sense.

Best Answer

openerp report designer is in the "extras" area.
it is called "openerp report designer".
install it.
you will then find it in the configuration section under "Reporting".
click that and the instructions follow

Discard