This question has been flagged
3 Replies

is it possible to add a translation of a partner name just like it is possible to add a translation of a product name?

for example an international company operating in China will need the Partner name and address in Chinese for invoicing and shipping goods but the expats that only read English will need an partner name and address in English to find the partner.

Discard
Best Answer

Language compatibility is always important for businesses operating accross the borders. We need to provide support for users using different language locales. English/Chinese translation support is the feature we need. 

Discard
Best Answer

This may help. https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/translation-of-related-field-in-odoo-95050

Discard
Author Best Answer

ok i found under settings-> Database structure -> Fields the Field "Partner_Name" i wanted to edit it and check the checkbox Translatable but when i try to save it it says "Properties of base fields cannot be altered in this manner! Please modify them through Python code, preferably through a custom addon!"

I'm mot familiar with Python, so what is an easy solution to enable translation for Partner_name ?

Discard