This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi all,

I found some RPC Library (Python) for driving Odoo/OpenERP.

• openerplib
  • oerplib
  • erppeek
  • xmlrpclib
  • odoorpc

Please let me know, which one is Best/Good/Official?

Thanks in advance

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Jothimani,

I wrote and maintain OERPLib and OdooRPC, and here is my response about them:

• openerplib (openerp-client-lib?): seems to be abandonned. Here is another thread which talks about it: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/should-i-use-oerplib-or-openerp-client-lib-45451 ;
  • OERPLib: actively maintained and documented, the 0.8.4 is near to be released. You can check the previous link for details ;
  • ERPpeek: actively maintained too and documented, but I don't know it very well. Maybe someone could bring you a response on it ;
  • xmlrpclib: base Python module used by the previous ones. If your needs are very basic and you don't want to add an external dependency on your project, it is also a good choice ;
  • OdooRPC: new and experimental project (version 0.1) heavily inspired by OERPLib and the new API 8.0 of Odoo. It drops the compatibility with previous OpenERP versions (supports only Odoo 8.0 and superior) and uses JSON-RPC. In addition to RPC queries, it is also able to make basic HTTP queries on any Web controller of an Odoo server, which means that it is a good choice if you want to reproduce some functionalities of the javascript Web client.

Excepting xmlrpclib which is a bit documented in the official documentation of Odoo, there is no official high-level RPC libraries, all are maintained by the community. That said, OERPLib and ERPpeek seems to be the two libraries the most widely used.

Regards,

Discard