This question has been flagged
2 Replies

In v7, where is the list of product categories so that I can add or remove from it? I can access this list when editing a product but what is the direct route without going through a product?

Discard
Author Best Answer

If the "Product Categories" menu entry is not present in your installation of v7, you can enable it as follows:

1. Login as Admin.
  2. Enable "Technical Features"

3. Go to Settings->User
    Interface->Menu Items

4. Search for menu entries that contain "Product Categories"

5. For each that you want to enable Click on the menu entry.

6. Click on Edit.

7. Below, in the list of Groups, Click Add

8. You can add the group you want but the "Employee" group is a good start.

To remove a product category you should make sure its empty first, go to Warehouse->Products->Products by Category and select the desired category to check if its empty.

Now, go to Warehouse->Configurations->Products->Product Categories and select the desired category then click on More -> Delete.

Discard

I went to Warehouse but there is no "Configurations" option available. How should I make it available?

Author

Have you enabled Technical Features?

Best Answer

First you need to activate the Technical Features mode for the current user Go to Settings->Users(Form View)->Access Rights(Tab) then check the box "Technical Features".

Now, go to Warehouse->Configurations->Products->Product Categories

Hope it help..%

Discard
Author

I don't see it. 7-0-4446.runbot.openerp.com For user Admin, I activated "Technical Features". Then I went to Warehouse. Under "Configuration" there is: Warehouses, Locations, Reordering rules, Delivery Methods. Under "Products", there is: Product by Catergory, Products. There is no menu item called "Product Categories".

I fixed it for you.. :) I went to Settings->User Interface->Menu Items, then i added the group "Human Resources / Employee" for the menu item "Warehouse/Configuration/Products/Product Categories"..

I went to Settings-->User but I didn't see any "Menu Items". Please advise. Thank you

What do you want to accomplish Mr. Goh Sin Yih ?

I want to be able to remove or add in "Product categories". Example, I created a product under category A but later I found out that I should move it to category B. Since category A is no longer needed, I wish to delete it.

To remove a product category you should make sure its empty first, go to Warehouse->Products->Products by Category and select the desired category to check if its empty.

Now, go to Warehouse->Configurations->Products->Product Categories and select the desired category then click on More->Delete.

The Product Categories configuration menus were not available to me until after I installed the Point of Sale module.