This question has been flagged

Hi all,

I need help to figure out the workflow of Odoo V11.

I have a product "A" which set to be "Manufacture" and "Can be Sold".

"A" consists of 2 other products, one of each, named "B" and "C".

Both "B" & "C" are set as "Can be Purchased" and "Buy".

Can Odoo automatically generate Manufacture Order based on missing quantity from stock?

Then from Manufacture Order, automatically generate Purchased Order based on missing material from BoM?

For example,

"A", "B", "C" all have 10 On Hand.

Sales order contains 30 pieces of "A" is made.
Odoo should, do the following
1. Reserve 10 "A" I have on hand.
2. Generate a Manufacture Order to make 20 "A".
3. Reserve 10 "B", and 10 "C" I have On Hand.
4. Generate Purchase Order of 10 "B", and 10 "C" to their Vendors.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi all, I found the solution.

I didn't know the default auto "Run Scheduler" interval was 1 day.

By setting product procurement and reordering rules for each product like this,
A: "Can be Sold", "Route=Manufacture"
B: "Can be Purchased", "Route=Buy", with a valid Vendor & price
C: "Can be Purchased", "Route=Buy" , with a valid Vendor & price
3 Reordering rules for each, with min, max 0(or desired)

In Odoo V11, go to "Setting">"Technical">"Automation">"Scheduled Action">"Procurement: run scheduler"
Edit two entries,
"Execute Every" to 1 Minute
"Next Execution Date" to 1 or 2 minutes latter, this option determines when the Automation will start cycling.

So the overall flow will be,
1. Create Quotation, Confirm Sales.
2. A deliver order to customer of final product is made, this can be viewed in the Inventory Module.
3. After 1 min, a Manufacture Order("A") is created to make up the missing quantity of what's supposed to be delivered to customer.
4. After another 1 min, Purchase Order draft is created according to BoM to make up materials needed("B",  "C"), Confirm it.
5. The rest is just to complete all the orders.

Discard

Yup... On your case you are generating PO,MO based on reordering rules..

Author

yes, cause MTO doesn't check stock(On Hand) at all, thank you for looking into my issue.

The only downside I can think of using reordering rules is I'd like to have multiple SO attached as source documents(or a separate list) to MO and PO generated, not just Reordering Rules.

Best Answer

how does it work in odoo 16?

Discard
Author

By default, Odoo 15/16 takes consideration of stock level "At the time". All you need to configure are 2 things, Security Lead Time and Reordering Rules. Security Lead Time in this case can be configured at the Inventory Module for Purchase and Sales, and at the Manufacturing Module for manufacturing.

For example, You have 10 units of Product A on hands, and create a SO contains 15 units of Product A which scheduled delivery date is 10 days latter. Lead time for Product A to buy from vendor is 7 days.
No PO is generated at the time SO is created. After 3 days (because 3+7=10), the PO will be automatically generated based on Reordering Rules. On the PO, source document being ONLY the Reordering Rule, which means this PO could be responsible for multiple SO or MO.

The other solution is to create a huge number for security lead time (either purchase or manufacturing, or both) This will make sure PO and MO will be generated at the time SO is created while PO and MO source document contains both reordering rules and SO number on it.
The downside of this method is obvious that the feature of security lead time is being hacked, if your goods are sensitive to expiration or company finance on critical cashflow, this is not recommended.

In default odoo, the PO generated by the MO will always have source document being the MO, not directly back to SO.

Best Answer

Yes this is possible, you can do your configuration like below,

A : Route => Manufacture , Make To Order

B : Route => Buy, Make To Order, Define Vendor

C : Route => Buy, Make to Order, Define Vendor

Now, if you create sales order, on confirmation related MO, PO will be generated..

Discard
Author

Hey, thx for the help, but this way auto generates both MO and PO without checking Stock On Hand.