This question has been flagged

Hi!

I am new to Odoo v9 and have been reading into the subject of using Odoo as a support ticket system. I have Odoo set up properly, created a Support project and defined that incoming mails (to support@...) create a new Issue in that project. Assigning, replying and internal commenting all works.

Now I need some additional functions. The most important would be to send an automatic template-based email reply when a new ticket comes in/is created. My online studies showed that the following process is required to achieve this:

1. Create an Email template

2. Create a Server Action to send the Email 

3. Create an Automated Action that triggers the Server Action

First of all: Is this process correct?

Then I do have several questions concerning each of the steps. Keep in mind that I want a solution without Python coding but using the UI of Odoo v9 (Settings - Technical - ...).

Step1 - Create an Email template:

• What do I need to set in the "Applies to" field? I set it to Project Issue, but that was a wild guess.

• In the Email configuration tab: I set the "To (Emails)" field to: ${object.email_from} That seemed to be the most logical. Will that send the reply to the ticket issuer?

Step 2- Create a Server Action to send the Email:

• I set "Base Model" to Project Issue again but have no idea what this actually does. Can someone elaborate?

• I set "Action to do" to Send Email (obvious)

• Condition is "true". What does this mean?

• Sequence is "0". What does this mean?

• As Email I selected the previously created template (obvious).

Step 3 - Create an Automated Action that triggers the Server Action:

• Created a new automated action and gave it a rule name. Now what to set at related document model? Project Issue? 

In the conditions tab:

• I set "When to run" to "On Creation". Now I want to limit the action to the Support project only (I do not want an automatic reply when an issue is created in another project). I guess that should be done in the "Filter" section, but I don't understand how to.

In the Actions tab:

• I selected my previously created Server action under "Server actions to run".

So, heaps of questions and I am happy about every answer, also if it covers only a part of my question. In general, where can I find information about such stuff? The documentation of Odoo really doesn't help. Isn't all of this explained somewhere?

Thanks in advance for all answers! Best, Thomas

Discard
Author Best Answer

Ok, to answer some of my own questions for other novice users: The process per se seems correct. As a first step it is important to go to the support project and open any issue ticket. Now, if you hover over a field like Priority, Email or such the appearing tool tips tell you the respective object and field name. We will need this in the next step.

For Step 1 (E-Mail template):

Under Applies To the object or Database Structure Model that contains the necessary fields for the required action needs to be selected. In this case, we use the object we identified before (project.issue in my case). To see which fields are available in which model check Settings - Technical - (Database Structure section) Model and use the Search function to find models. 

In the email configuration tap - To (Emails) field I chose ${object.email_from|safe} as placeholder. This is the field identified before and will send the mail to the e-mail address of the sender/issuer of the support ticket. The safe option deals with special characters in the e-mail adress.

Step 2 (Server Action): 

Base model refers to the same as the object before (project.issue). As said, check Settings - Technical - (Database Structure section) Model to browse available models and the fields available in that models.

Step 3 (Automated Action):

- The related document model is the same model again (project.issue).

- To create a filter for a specific project just go to the specific project page and at the top use the Favorites button to save the filter for your project name with the option share with all users enabled. Once that is done you can select that filter in the conditions setting of the automated action, such that this automated action only applies for the specific project.

Discard

Thank you Thomas,

this was very helpfull for me.