This question has been flagged

I have just transitioned from Quickbooks to Odoo and am trying to understand why some transactions are ending in the Accounts Recievable journal. 

We have a vendor that we overpaid by $1.45 late December. They recently refunded the amount leaving a $1.45 deposit in our bank. When I reconciled the $1.45 by matching the payment I see a credit in my Account Receivable. The journal entry shows:

Bank Journal:    BNK1/2017/0072     Jan7, 2017      POS Return Grandstand Glassware       Debit: 1.45

A/R Journal:       BNK1/2017/0072     Jan 7, 2017     POS Return Grandstand Glassware      Credit: 1.45

This should have been applied back to the Growler Supplies COGS account. Why is it in A/R?  Was that an entry error?

I made a subsequent GL entry to move the $1.45 back to the Growler Supplies account , but I see several of these types of moves and am unsure if these types of items coming from the Bank register need to move through AR for some reason.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Discard

Please provide the necessary information in order to answer your question, such as all entries posted and the relevant settings.