This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Odoo 12

I am having problems getting rules and routes working properly in a relatively simple manufacturing setup.

I have 1 warehouse (GC) and 2 locations (Components and Servers). Servers are built from several components.

I am trying to set up a route and rule(s) so that when I enter a manufacturing order and check availability, then if there are components missing, a purchase order is created for the missing items.

The Warehouse has 2 routes. Manufacture and Buy.

The Manufacture route has 2 rules:

1 is Action: Manufacture, Source: Components, Destination: Servers

2 is Action: Buy, Source: Vendors, Destination: Components

In the Buy rule, it says "When products are needed in GC/Components, a request for quotation is created to fulfill the need".

When I create a manufacturing order, it does source the components from the right place, and it does detect that there are components missing, but no request for quotation is created.

Any idea what could be wrong with this setup?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

Did you ticked the route Buy for the product as well as did you specify the vendor for the product in the product form.  

Open the corresponding products form and in the Inventory page, make sure that the Routes named Buy is ticked. Then in the Purchase page, check whether in the vendors one2many field whether the vendor from whom which the product has to buy is specified. If not specify it and try again.

Thanks

Discard
Author

Thanks - the route is set for the components and they have vendors too. It works fine if I click "Replenish" on the product template page. I am slightly confused with whether the two rules should both be attached to the Manufacture route, or if the Manufacture rule should be attached to the Manufacture route and the Buy rule to the Buy route, but none of the combinations seem to work.

Do you know when in manufacturing process an RFQ is meant to be triggered? - is it when you click "Check availability" or is it first when you try to "Produce" the order?

I also noticed that the demo database does not do this either - do we know definitely that it is supposed to be working? (manufacturing orders trigger RFQ's for missing components)

Best Answer

Hi Peter, 

Set the route for the components and vendor 

Select the corresponding components in product and go to  "Inventory" tab, under "operation" select the route "buy" and select the "purchase" tab in same window and set the vendor for that particular component. 

Also check whether you changed any thing in routes under inventory->Configuration->Routes-> select Buy.

To know more about the routing check our blog here Warehouse Management & Routing

Discard
Author

Thanks - the route is set for the components and they have vendors too. It works fine if I click "Replenish" on the product template page. I am slightly confused with whether the two rules should both be attached to the Manufacture route, or if the Manufacture rule should be attached to the Manufacture route and the Buy rule to the Buy route, but none of the combinations seem to work.

Do you know when in manufacturing process an RFQ is meant to be triggered? - is it when you click "Check availability" or is it first when you try to "Produce" the order?

I also noticed that the demo database does not do this either - do we know definitely that it is supposed to be working? (manufacturing orders trigger RFQ's for missing components)