This question has been flagged
5 Replies

Hello my POS loads very slowly, she take about 2 minutes to load, maybe it's because of the number of items 4800 items, if it is the cause of that, what is the solution to optimize it to load faster, I have a computer core 2 duo 3 go rm thx

Discard
Best Answer

This is because it's pulling ALL the products and it's getting prices from pricelists. It's making a read for each product so it's loading the server and it's going to load everything.

What I did it's filtering only products that have stock, but it requires some coding.

Discard

+1 not a bad idea. thanks for the tip ;o)

Best Answer

Hi Ashouba,

W.r.t your query I have gone through your query and tried to replicate it. Few recommendations which I would like to suggest you based on your query are :-

1) The first login in to Odoo POS is always a bit slow by default. This is because Odoo POS loads all the information afresh when logging in /starting Odoo POS for the first time.

2) But the rest login apart from the first login would be a quick one as Odoo POS does not load all the information over and over again. Its does only once.

3) The best way to optimize the speed is have separate servers instead of having a centralized server. This is because a centralized server contains all the information irrespective of its useful to Odoo POS or not. Hence consumes more time to load.

Hope it helps!

Cheers.

Discard
Best Answer

Hello !

We have developed one feature which loads products in background and while products are first time loading in background, user can use pos online and add products online using barcode.

Here is app link on odoo store: https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/8.0/pos_prod_load_background_v8/

Thanks,

Acespritech Solutions Pvt. Ltd.

www.acespritech.com

info@acespritech.com

Discard
Author Best Answer

thank you for the information, I'm not a python coder, if you can help with the modification to filter products that have a stock that will be great, I can do in php and not in python. thank you for the track is already not bad, and hope to have the modification, thank you very much

Discard