This question has been flagged

Can anybody tell me how to install/upgrade to Odoo 9 Enterprise from the sources file on Ubuntu 14.04?  I've currently got a clean Odoo 9 installation from GitHub which is functioning correctly (no database created yet).  However I do not have access to the enterprise GitHub fork, only the download page.  I've downloaded the Odoo 9 Enterprise sources file, however there is no instruction on which subdirectory of the .tar file to extract or where to.  If I had access to the enterprise GitHub fork I would be running the following:

sudo git clone --depth=1 --branch=9.0 https://github.com/odoo/enterprise /opt/enterprise_addons

Then obviously I would modify my .conf file and that would be it.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Discard

I've been investigating the exact same thing. So far I haven't come up with an answer either. I have an active subscription now I just need to figure out the best way to deploy it.

I've done a bit more digging and the long and short of it seems to be that your GitHub account needs to be granted access to the private repository. I'm not sure who I need to contact to get access.

Author

Glad to hear I'm not the only one having this issue! From what I understand only Odoo Partners get access to the Enterprise GitHub fork which basically leaves any Enterprise customer who isn't using a partner high and dry. The Odoo documentation really isn't sufficient at all.

Best Answer

The enterprise modules need an authorized user name and password in GitHub. Since I am an Odoo partner, I got authorization through my Odoo account manager. To install, I used the statement:

sudo git clone --depth 1 --branch 9.0 https://github.com/odoo/enterprise /odoo/enterprise/addons

GitHub is free and very cool. You should open an account. With regards to getting authorization from Odoo, perhaps Odoo Support (Support@odoo.com) can help. Pls let me know what you find out.

Discard
Author

Thanks Luigi. I'm not an Odoo partner though, just an Enterprise customer. Therein lies the issue. I have no access to GitHub and therefore need to work out how to either: a) get access to GitHub (which I don't think is possible without being a partner) b) install from the sources download.

GitHub is free and very cool. You should open an account. With regards to getting authorization from Odoo, perhaps Odoo Support (Support@odoo.com) can help. Pls let me know what you find out.

On Thursday, March 3, 2016, Brad <thesoxman@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks Luigi. I'm not an Odoo partner though, just an Enterprise customer. Therein lies the issue. I have no access to GitHub and therefore need to work out how to either: a) get access to GitHub (which I don't think is possible without being a partner) b) install from the sources download.

--
Brad

Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo

--

Best regards,

Luigi Sison | Implementation Partner
moxylus
phone +1 612 281 2551
824 Phoenix Lane | Foster City, CA 94404 | USA
lsison@moxylus.com | Our Website | My LinkedIn Profile

Author

I'll try to contact support again. I sent an email to that address a couple of days ago enquiring about what the process to either get GitHub account approved or install from source and haven't heard anything yet.

How about calling Sales? Sales people are usually more responsive. Good luck!

On Thursday, March 3, 2016, Brad <thesoxman@gmail.com> wrote:

I'll try to contact support again. I sent an email to that address a couple of days ago enquiring about what the process to either get GitHub account approved or install from source and haven't heard anything yet.

--
Brad

Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo

--

Best regards,

Luigi Sison | Implementation Partner
moxylus
phone +1 612 281 2551
824 Phoenix Lane | Foster City, CA 94404 | USA
lsison@moxylus.com | Our Website | My LinkedIn Profile

I did get in touch with sales and confirmed that _some_ Odoo partners are allowed access to the private repository. Enterprise customers however are not granted access.

"Customer on the other hand, get access to the code only through the link I sent you. On other words, the subscription does not give you access to the Github Odoo Enterprise Repository"

I think what I'm going to look into next is setting up my own private repository at Bitbucket and putting the source code there. I think that will work but I need to research the proper way of doing it.

He seems to have run into the same issue: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33982436/how-to-install-activate-odoo9-enterprise-on-a-community-edititon

I'm not really sure what the web module is he is referring to or what exactly it's being used for.

Author

Thanks for that link Tim. So from what I understand, I can just extract the 'addons' subdirectory of the sources file to my enterprise addons location, modify the .conf file and everything should work? Will try that today

That's my understanding. I haven't attempted it yet.

Author

Yeah I'm trying to get clarification directly from Odoo if this is indeed the procedure. I might just try it and see how it goes if I can't get any clarity soon. All I've heard from Odoo thus far when asking about it is that "There is no documentation for source installs" which I find ridiculous.

Author

Did it and it worked. Wasn't able to get any clarification from Odoo support which I've discovered is absolutely terrible. Anyway, to recap I extracted/unzipped the sources download from the downloads page to a temporary location. I then copied the contents of the addons folder within this (it's in a subdirectory /openerp/addons) to the enterprise addons folder I created in my odoo directory (I placed mine in my /opt/odoo folder). Finally I modified the .conf file to add the enterpise addons location and finally rebooted. Hope this helps!

Glad to hear you were able to get it sorted out! I'm still working on my attempt to use Bitbucket. I have some custom projects I want to use git for anyways so I figure now is a good time to sort the process out.