This question has been flagged
5 Replies

Hello,

I'm facing a stupid functional issue. We, at our company, manufacture products and track them by lots. We sale these products mostly as B2B (reason why with use lot numbers) but also as B2C. For this second option, we have our own shops with there own warehouses and plan to use the POS module in Odoo is shops.

As our products are tracked by lots, the main issue we have with the POS module is we have to type-in a lot number for each item we want to sale to our end users. However, as soon as our products are transferred from our main warehouse to our shops warehouses, we do not need to track them anymore. So, we would like to get ride of this annoying intermediate screen asking for lot/serial number each time a item is added to the basket. 

I thought about creating retail products without lot number and add a bill of materials in order to consume products with lot number to "make" the same product without lot number. Problem is the product remains the same object for real and both products with and without lot number woudl share the same unique bar-code. Rightly, Odoo does not allow to use the same bar-code for two different products.

I also tried to find something like letting the POS module pick items from the first lot available until it's entirely empty but there seems not to exist such an option in the POS module as far as I know.

Do you know a solution to achieve this? Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Discard

Hi,

Which version are you using?

Author

Odoo 10.

Hello, the configuration would be the same in odoo 14 enterprise? I do the steps indicated and it does not work.

Best Answer

Hello, I applied the following solution to Version 11CE and it worked. I believe it should work on Version 10CE as well. You can try it and see.

The solution to the problem is by applying the following:

1.      Go to Inventory - Configuration - Warehouse Management - Operation Types - POS Orders and un-check the box Use Existing Lots/Serial Numbers and then save the screen.

2.      Then, go to Inventory - Configuration - Warehouse Management - Locations , select your location for the POS and set  the Removal Strategy under Logistics to either FEFO, FIFO or LIFO and then save the screen.

3.   Then, go to the POS module and load the POS session. Now when you select and item for             sales Odoo will not prompt for Lot Number again. The Lot Numbers will be automatically             selected by Odoo based on the default Removal Strategy you have defined for your POS             Location configuration.

Regards

Discard

does this work same on v14?

Hi ,thanks for this procedure it was really useful for me, but now in my POS each and every time i select a particular item several times, it adds a new line instead of combining them in one.

Example, if I select an appel 3 times, I will have three lines. does anyone can help?

This is work for odoo 14 i have tested but in return product not update record of same lot number from which sale on base of logistics (FIFO) not roll back on same lotnumber .

How can return and update same record of lot number b.c this method is 100% working for POS sale without prompt but not in return not do update same lot number stock but return allowed.Regards

Does this work in Odoo v15 as well?

tested and approved also in v15 CE, thanks!

Best Answer

Thank for the procedure, works excelllent.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi can anyone tell how to disable pos lot number popup widget for outgoing shipment ?

Thanks in advance 

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

Exactly the same issue here. As we produce and sell beer in bottles, it is especially annoying to type in each LOT number for each and every single item, although it is the same number most of the time. We are selling the products FEFO anyways, which is guaranteed through organisational measures. I found a function in Odoo 8, where LOT traceability could be set for in- and outbound independently.

Thank you for your replies!

Discard
Best Answer

Hello, when I activate the option of Fefo so that the selection of lots is automatic at the point of sale, the problem I have is that when making the return does not allow me.

Discard