This question has been flagged
9 Replies

I need to import several contacts, lets say one company has 2 contacts. And other company has 3 contacts; How do I add these contacts to their company without doing it one by one? Since each company has 3 or more contacts. Is there a faster way for doing it? 

Discard

When you say "company" do you mean a vendor (supplier) / customer?

Author

I mean customer contacts.

Author

I mean the contacts you set within a Company.

Best Answer

Export your contacts and reimport them with the corresponding company relation.

Step 1: Import the contacts of type "Company":

Step 2: Edit your contact file and remove all contacts of type "Company", rename the field containing the related company name of the contacts to "parent_id"

Step 3: Import the edited file:

For reasons of data integrity, I would not check "Create if doesn't exist", but rather correct the import file, if it contains invalid data. But it's up to you, if you check it, you can save Step 1 and import all contacts at once, but you may have incorrect companies saved then (for example when your import file contains typos).

This is the result after successful import:

Enjoy!

Discard
Author

How do I establish the company relation?

Do manually enter such a contact as a company contact and export it.

Author

Still, I have to add the contacts manually?

Manually enter a Company. Manually enter a Contact for that Company. Export the Company. Export the Contact, including the Company (Related Partner field). This process will help you understand how to create your own files for importing Contacts attached to Companies.

Best Answer

thank you for your input, but isn't there a easier way, I have multiple thousand companies plus contacts to enter.

Discard

I have updated my answer, so it should be easy even for thousands of contacts.

thank you Ermin!

De : Ermin Trevisan <trevi@twanda.com>
Envoyé : mardi 25 août 2020 16:13:45
À : David Gee
Objet : Re: Is there an easier way to import contacts within a company than doing it one by one?

I have updated my answer, so it should be easy even for thousands of contacts.

Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo.