This question has been flagged
1 Reply

In odoo inventory / reports / stock moves it is possible to create a new stock move. But the created move is in state new  and i'm not able to change its state.

What i want to know is that is this document created from stock moves available else where or is creating a new transfer  from all transfer is the only way to create a stock move

Discard
Best Answer

It's true that you can create a stock move if you open a form view of existing stock moves in Inventory / Reporting / stock moves.

But this should not be allowed for following reason. A stock move is meant to be attached to an enclosing document which is the "picking" so that you can group many other stock moves, give them similar attributes, and change their status at once.

That's why it is not possible to create a standalone stock move in list view and the same should be applicable from the form view.

I've reported this to the usability team of Odoo. Let's see :-)

So the appropriate way to create a stock move is from Inventory > Operations > All transfers and create a picking which eventually has some stock moves.

Discard
Author

Thanks

You're welcome Mohammed. Please help mark the question as closed as to improve the quality of the forum...and give me some karma ;-)

Author

I've given upvote for the answer :). I 'm not marking it as closed as I don't know up to what extend it is correct