This question has been flagged

I try to install the application "Stop Phoning Home" from Settings - Modules - Apps

When I click on "Install" I am redirected the account page openerp.com

Here is written: "Please sign in to install your application".

When I sign in, providing username and password and clicking on "Install application" I am redirected to bill page (Subscribe to keep your database running).

Is it possible to install the community module without subscribe?

Discard

Yes you can. Select Setting -> Installed modules. Then remove "installed" filter on search box. Now you can see all the modules and you can install the one you wish. Antonio M. Vigliotti

Best Answer

I think we in the community should look at one-click-install as a paid service. With v7/v8 the Module-menu has been a mess.

A better solution whould be one-click-install as a module that we can install or de-install and use when it is appropiate. Install it to activate the service and uninstall if you want to use your Odoo instance with more than two users and not use the paid service. Without the one-click-install the Module-menu could be optimised for administrate local modules, and with one-click-install installed the Module-menu could incorporate functions for the paid service.

It would be nice if Odoo was free from disturbing advertisment (the banner in the top) out of the box.

This done right opens for more paid services to be activated or deactivated, from OpenERP SA (Odoo SA?) or other service providors in the future. Most important are that Odoo must not break when paid services are un installed. Instead of ugly advertisments there could be a section in the module install-system with a channel of new and exiting services.

====

Add this to your addons/web/static/src/css/base.css:

.openerp .announcement_bar {
    display: none;
    visibility: hidden;
 }

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Davide, I experience the same problem.

I do not fully understand the situation / licence / etc, but it would seem that if one has more than three users in one's openerp installation then community modules are not free as one-click-installs.

Therefore, if free is wanted, one must locate the code somewhere (launchpad?) and install it manually by copying it into the relevant modules directory etc.

I have not gotten round to doing this yet, so cannot advise how to do it, sorry. Maybe someone else can help with a method....? There was a method explained on the old openerp forums I think, but I cannot find that anymore.

Discard
Best Answer

You should locate the code and copy it to the addons folder in your odoo home directory. On refresh the modules list you will see the module available for installing. AFAIK, Odoo considers the one-click install that automatically downloads as premium.

You should be able to locate OCA community modules on: www.github.com/oca Others arround the web.

Discard

there is also the so called ocb-server https://github.com/OCA/OCB which is an Odoo version based on the so called "community backports". Seems the community just recently moved to from launchpad github as well

do you know if the ocb server is still phoning home to odoo or is this fixed? In the current version of ocb8 I couldn't find the code for the .openerp .announcement_bar for example.

I think v8 is still reporting back. And I wouldn;t expect that this will be changed because it is a wanted behavior. There is a module that stops that though. I think it woks in v8. >> https://bitbucket.org/BizzAppDev/oerp_no_phoning_home

Best Answer

The "App repository" (one click install) is a premium service offered only to paying users. If you aren't, you have to first download the module manually.

See this question.

Discard
Best Answer

The menu naming is a mess. It is definitelly possible to install any app, just follow the other guys comments and you'll be fine

Discard