This question has been flagged
13 Replies

I created a custom module.When I login with admin credential than my top menu is visible to me.But when I login with other user than Top menu become invisible.I don't know what is happening.Can someone please guide me how to resolve this problem.

Thankyou in advance for your support.

Discard

Check that you have not added an admin group to the top menu (group=base.system_admin somethhing like that). If you have not try and give access to the employees under security access.

Author

Hi kayris, Thank for reply.I done the same what you suggest but In my case I have only one module installed in OpenERP . When I login with administrator its showing two top menu which is(My custom module menu and the Setting Menu).After that I created one new user, given access right only for my custom module.When I login with new user.I am not able to see Top menu. How I resolve this error.Please suggest me...Thank u

In your settings, go to Users Settings and give the new user you created configuration access and try logging in with this user after that. If the user sees the Top menu then you need to go to access right and ensure that the user you have created is in right group. See also below what Grover Menacho wrote and add the group="base.group_user" to your code. This will make every user have access to your module automatically.

Best Answer

You have to add which groups can see the menu:

For example:

<menuitem name="Messaging"
      id="mail.mail_feeds_main"
      groups="base.group_user"
      sequence="10"/>

So you have to set groups on your menuitem.

Discard
Author

Hi Grover,Thank You For your reply.I implemented the same which you mention.My problem is different.Actually what I want is, Other than administrator No one she Setting tab. What I done is I creates one custom module and installed in blank database.Giving group access to the top menuitem like you mention.When I login with administrator I see Both My custom module top menu and Setting top menu . After that I created a new User and given only my module access.When I login with this user I am Not able to see any top

Author

menu.But when I give administrator access like(Access Right) and My module access to the new user.I am able to see both the top menu when I login with new user. Will you please give me some suggestion now How I will hide Setting top menu for other user while showing only one top menu which is my custom top menu. Thank you in advance for your suggestion.

Please post your XML code and I'll suggest you something. Maybe I'm missing something

Inherit your group from "Administration/Settings". If groups are created through .xml use it like or by .csv then add a column named 'implied_ids/id' and value for that column is base.group_system.

*If groups are created through .xml use it like: "".

Best Answer

See my post here..

Discard
Best Answer

As Administrator Create a New Group 

-Ensure Group has access to ALL the MENUS you want

-Ensure Group has permissions to all the MODELS in your Module

-Add new user to this Group as the Administrator

-Login and test as the desired User

Discard
Best Answer

can literally see nothing on the top menu. on first login. setup as admin. there is no topmenu settings. I need it to view my created module.

this is located in the black taskbar at the very top of the browser window.

Discard
Best Answer

By admin login, please check them on

1. Settings->User>Group->Administration/Settings. Then check the users and inherited tab
  2. Settings->Technical->User Interface->Menu Items->Settings. And check the one2many field group name
  3. Settings->User->Users->Specific Users. Check the access rights Tab->Application->Administration. Put them blank
Discard