This question has been flagged

I just wanted to make sure that upgrading the `base` or `account` module everything works fine, because if I pull new changes to the module I want to upgrade the database in a future.

I have created new records manually on the model `account.acount.type`. But when I try to upgrade the `account` module, the exception written at the bottom of this question is raised. Odoo is trying to remove records from that model. Why is this happening?

I have installed the account module, but I did not removed any record from that table, I've only added a few more types. So the [expected behaviour of upgrading modules with data is](https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/what-does-noupdate-mean-in-the-following-xml-statement-data-noupdate-1-88009):

> noupdate means when second time this module will upgraded, this record will not be updated again. The record which is inside noupdate="1" will be initialized only at installation time.  

> Tip: In case if you delete the record then at next update system will Re-create it. Usually those kind of records which are having possibility of modification from front end, given inside noupdate=1. For example, automatic scheduler records. 

<data noupdate="1">
        <!-- account.account.type -->
        <record model="account.account.type" id="data_account_type_receivable">
            <field name="name">Receivable</field>
            <field name="type">receivable</field>
            <field name="include_initial_balance" eval="True"/>
        </record>
        <!-- [...]  -->

This is the raised error on the log while upgrading the account module

2018-12-11 20:35:31,729 18018 INFO db_name odoo.addons.base.ir.ir_model: Deleting 59@account.account.type (l10n_es.account_type_third_parties)
    2018-12-11 20:35:31,760 18018 ERROR db_name odoo.sql_db: bad query: b'DELETE FROM account_account_type WHERE id IN (59)'
    ERROR: null value in column "user_type_id" violates not-null constraint
    DETAIL:  Failing row contains (14927, Account name or description, null, 4, f, null, other, null, f, null, 1, null, 1, 2018-12-11 18:10:24.091826, 1, 2018-12-11 18:10:24.091826, t).
    CONTEXT:  SQL statement "UPDATE ONLY "public"."account_account" SET "user_type_id" = NULL WHERE $1 OPERATOR(pg_catalog.=) "user_type_id""
    2018-12-11 20:35:31,763 18018 WARNING db_name odoo.modules.loading: Transient module states were reset
    2018-12-11 20:35:31,763 18018 ERROR db_name odoo.modules.registry: Failed to load registry
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/path/to/odoo/src/modules/registry.py", line 85, in new
        odoo.modules.load_modules(registry._db, force_demo, status, update_module)
      File "/path/to/odoo/src/modules/loading.py", line 414, in load_modules
        env['ir.model.data']._process_end(processed_modules)
      File "/path/to/odoo/src/linked/base/ir/ir_model.py", line 1628, in _process_end
        record.unlink()
      File "/path/to/odoo/src/models.py", line 2935, in unlink
        cr.execute(query, (sub_ids,))
      File "/path/to/odoo/src/sql_db.py", line 155, in wrapper
        return f(self, *args, **kwargs)
      File "/path/to/odoo/src/sql_db.py", line 232, in execute
        res = self._obj.execute(query, params)
    psycopg2.IntegrityError: null value in column "user_type_id" violates not-null constraint
    This is raised because the account type is being used by some account.

Questions

• So the only solution is to use the already existing account types instead of creating new ones?

• Is there a place in the source code where this unlinking action is made? Does anyone know?

• Is this the normal behaviour?

Note: I have imported the chart of accounts manually from scratch

Discard
Best Answer

Discard
Author

If you read my question you will realise that I am not asking what you think. Anyway I got my answer here https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53732572/why-is-the-account-module-upgrade-unlinking-records-on-some-tables

Good to hear that.

Anyway its better not to upgrade the base modules