This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Hello!

I noticed today that odoo v12 is available. I spent roughly an hour googling around for a guide that would show one how to upgrade from v11 CE to v12 CE. Has anyone found one? It looks like v12 has a lot to desire!

Thanks for the the help!

Discard
Best Answer

If you are using Enterprise Edition, then Odoo team will generally do the Migration, as it is part of Enterprises package.

But If you are using Community Edition, so probably you will have to do, And migration activity could be either SourceCode Migration and/or DataBase Migration.

Either way you will have to undergo the migration process, in which first technical/code comparison needs to take, post that relevant actions needs to be taken, OpenUpgrade gives you a wonderful migration script, which does gives a clear comparison.

Once the Source Code is migrated, you can generally do Database Migration, again by following OpenUpgrade

For more Info please refer https://github.com/OCA/OpenUpgrade .

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hello - I can't comment so I hope this works --

Is there a guide or tutorial on how to use OpenUpgrade for migrations happening from v11 to v12?

I tried following the documentation on OpenUpgrade's website, but I can't seem to get the command to accept migration 12.0. It only lets me proceed with migration 11.0. Any ideas?

Discard
Best Answer

unfortunately untill now there is no well documented way how to upgrade Comunity odoo 11 to 12. It is a shame. But I hope it will change soon. Once it is I will update video tutorial to www.kenti.cz

Discard
Best Answer

Hi, is there any news about upgrade 11CE to 12CE?

I have a Fedora server with 11CE installed from RPMs and tried to upgrade it.

First I added new Odoo Repo and installed the new pacakge, then I tried to migrate database using OpenUpgrade but I thin OpenUpgrade doesn't support Odoo CE12. It only showed version 11. Although I finallay run it using version 11 option, after the upgrade the Odoo web doesn't show.

Also I tried to upgrade only rpm package without database and web error is the same.

Has anybody tried to upgrade?

Maybe if I use a new server and install Odoo12 and then take a backup of the old server database, update it an then import it onto new server? It is possible to substitute Odoo 12 CE database with Odoo 11 database?

Thanks a lot!

Discard