This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Hello

I am trying to figure how to pay my sells tax bill and have it automatically reduce my tax liability account in odoo v9. What I did, I create a vendor (Florida Department of Revenue), find out my taxes for the month via the odoo report, create vendor bill then create a payment

What am I missing here? I suspect this has to do with the account... Please let me know

Discard
Best Answer

Set the tax liability account as the Account Payable in the accounting tab of the vendor Florida Department of Revenue. But that is accounting 101, nothing Odoo, you should ask an accountant.

Discard
Author

Duh!! That makes perfect sense, I knew it had to do with the account and it was right in my face. Thank you!

Best Answer

I understand the entire tax structure process, fiscal positions, etc... Since Odoo doesn't use traditional account mapping that is standard, how are you suppose to clear your tax liability and set up payment to the correct tax authorities? I haven't been able to find even 1 document on this.

We've created vendor (tax authority). Under Accounting > Accounting Entries > select Account Payable as the CL that corresponds? It's not allowing me to select out of the chart of accounts, unless I create a new separate CL but that's not correct.

Discard