This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Some background:

We buy beer in barrels and sell it by the glass.. I have a "Barrel of Beer" product (route: Buy) that I use to "manufacture" the product "Beer" (route: Make to Order, Manufacture). This allows me to have real stock levels of the barrels of beer.

When I sell beer through a sales order, a manufacturing order is generated and I have to run it manually. Once completed the stock level of my barrels of beer decreases accordingly. 

What I would like to do is to be  able to sell the beer through the POS and for the MO to be processed automatically. I think I need to change the way the routing is set up, but I'm a bit green on that subject, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Jim

Discard
Author

Also, can someone explain how I generate the MO from a POS order?

Hi @Jim, am wondering if you managed to solve this? If you do, can you kindly share your solution?

Best Answer

This question is relevant for me now. Explain, please, how to use routing in POS orders.

Discard
Best Answer

Have a look at AUTOMATED ACTIONS.  

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/10.0/reference/actions.html

You can create one which is triggered each time a Manufacturing Order is created to complete it automatically.

(If you create a database with demo data, you can review Set Auto Followers on leads which are urgent and come from USA

Discard
Author

Hi Ray, thanks for the link. I will take a look, however not been a coder, I'm not sure how far I will get :) I would have thought Odoo would do this "out of the box", but I'm not going to be that lucky.