This question has been flagged
6 Replies

Hi i want to change the sale journal of my POS . I am using Odoo 11 community but it seems even when i turn on the dev mode , i don t see on the POS configuration form the section to configure journals entries for POS orders.On my user i have already checked "show full accounting features". Can someone help me please ?

Discard
Author

Waleed Mohsen thank you for your interest . I don t have enough karmas to answer you but my issue is not to change the payment method journal but the sale journal of my POS. It is this journal that is generally called "POS sale journal " . This journal is used in configuration for journal entries of POS orders. Once again thank you

Author

hi ABHISHEK E thank you for your interest but as i told to Waleed Mohsen . I don t have enough karmas to answer you but my issue is not to change the payment method journal but the sale journal of my POS. It is this journal that is generally called "POS sale journal " . This journal is used in configuration for journal entries of POS orders. Once again thank you but that journal is not the one used for payment .

Sorry for misunderstand. In Odoo 11 CE POS sale journal will be created automatically once you installed Point of sale App, There is no way to change it from configuration.

Best Regards,

Waleed Mohsen

Author

vishalratan hi , thank you so much . you are saying the true this field his hidden in community edition. So how can i proceed to solve that problem ? i turned the DEV mode and found that hidden part.

Author

hi finally I have fixed my issue . I got the answer from Waleed Mohsen . Once again thank you for your help. I do not have enough karma to comment on his post but here is the method he gave me. Since , the section accounting in odoo CE 11 is hidden , to make it visible I should create a module and override the form view. Another solution ,I should open the view in dev mode and remove the attribute holding the invisible information and save then refresh the screen. he added the last method it's not preferred. Because editing odoo original code is not good .if I upgrade in feature,my modification will be overwrites.

Best Answer

The old answer deleted and here you are the correct answer 

The POS sale journal is  invisible so to  make it visible in point_of_sale.pos_config_view_form view you can create a module and  override the form view. Another solution, you open the view after activate developer mode and remove attrs="{'invisible': [('is_installed_account_accountant', '=', False)]}" and save then refresh the screen. the last will work with you but it's not preferred to edit odoo original code because if you upgraded in feature, your modification will be replaced with upgarded code.

I never did POS Sale Journal change so do it in your pilot or test environment and do some POS transactions and check the journal if its changed. 
Discard
Best Answer

you can add your payment method and other payment options from the payments in point of sale configuration

Discard
Best Answer

Your answer lies in the field journal_id field on your pos.config object. Since you are using a community edition you are not seeing it by default the option to change it

Discard