This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi All ,

I just wanted to know whenever we create security groups for any model that category and groups get visible in settings >User form .But the thing is i want those security groups to be visible in my custom form .

Is there a way to do so or this is the default behaviour of odoo for Security groups ?

Lets say i have a field in my form view where all the security groups should be visible in a drop down list like in Use settings form ?

Discard

Hi currently the security groups used in the from can be seen from,

activate the developer mode then, Settings -> Technical -> User Interface - > Views, then select and open any view, then you can see a page 'Access Rights' in the form, which list the security groups used

Best Answer

Hi,

If you want to see all groups you can create a many2one field to res.groups. And if you need to show specific groups only you can use domain for that field

Discard
Author

This answer seems to be relevant..but Mr. Amal what domain can i use to show specific groups of a specific category. Can you please give me an example ?

group_id = fields.Many2one('res.groups', string='Group Required', domain=[('name', '=', 'Your group name')]