This question has been flagged

I'm new to Odoo and trying to get my head around how it does things and forget about how the old software we were using does those things.  :-)

I'm not quite sure how "Line Stock" works in Odoo.  I understand that it's a "consumable" part.  Which basically means it's not a "stockable product" so there is not going to be any need to keep track of how many we have.

However, I assume there is going to be some need to account for the expense of it.  It will have a warehouse location. Will there be a quantity in that location?  Since we aren't tracking it as stocked inventory I assume that even if that quantity hits 0 I'll still be able to update a work order with quantity and do a stock move from thin air to fill the quantity or ???  Just not sure how this works in Odoo.

Please us an example to explain it to me.  Say we buy a small pan head screw that is used in several different products that we make.  We buy these screws by the pound and use them by the piece.  And we estimate that every pound contains 100 pieces, but that could be 110 to 90 pieces.  We are never sure and we never want to count these things.

Thanks for help understanding.

Discard