This question has been flagged
3 Replies

How do i do i credit note for an invoice already paid for in odoo12

Discard

"CREDIT NOTE ODOO12" is not a question. I've changed your title to a Question - this was people won't have to open your post to understand what you are asking.

Best Answer

Hi Judith:

If you open the paid Invoice, there is a "Add Credit Note" button that allows you to do this.

Regarding your follow up question:

I'm assuming you have successfully created the Credit Note. You can then do the following to process a refund payment back to the customer:

1. Go to Accounting > Customers > Payments and enter the details of the refund payment and save it.

2. Click on the "Payment Matching" button at the top right of the screen. This will open the reconciliation screen. Click the + sign next to the customer's original payment and the refund payment you just made to match them. Click on reconcile.

3. You can then go into Accounting > Reporting > Partner Ledger to look up the details of the customer to ensure that the transactions are accurately reflected in their ledger.

Hope that answers your question.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thanks for your response I did that and do i have to register payment on the credit note. Then how do i match it to the invoice i had done.

Thank you

Discard

Hi Judith: I've added some more information to my earlier post that hopefully answers your question.

Thank you soo much yes i have been answered. These are the steps i was asking.

On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 2:58 PM Paresh W <pawa2007@outlook.com> wrote:

Hi Judith: I've added some more information to my earlier post that hopefully answers your question.

Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo.

--
Judith Saungweme

Great. Please mark the question as resolved.

Author

Where do I that Paresh

Click on the check mark next to the answer to mark it as resolved.