This question has been flagged
2 Replies
Hi,
Can anyone please guide me how to manage daily visits of cars? odoo 11 or 12 Community Edition.
for example

Car NameDateVisitReasonOdometer(out)Odometer(in)Traveled Fuel (Out)Fuel (In)Consumption 
Toyota/ABC9-12-18San FransciscoMarketing5010050125 liter5075 liter
Honda/XYZ9-12-18New YorkDrop Staff1200130010080 liter40 40 liter
Discard

Thank you Yanthe for your detailed answer. Appreciated.

Regarding first option can you guide me how to add new field and new view?

furthermore do I have to make changes in database/table(s) according to new field(s) too ? 

Thanks in advance.

Muhammad.

You're welcome Muhammad! I think this existing video will help you on the good way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZwRvP7lJng

Best Answer

Hi Muhammad,

What you're showing in your question is not possible by default but it can be easily made with some custom development. By default you can log the odometer stands from within Odoo but not the difference and data such as the visit. You have three options to build this:

- Create new fields (and possible a new view) for your requirements with developer mode in Odoo community.
- Develop a custom module and add the logic in the Python and XML for your extra values and checks.
- Upgrade to enterprise and buy Odoo studio to add the new fields and views with Studio. This option is by far the least technical solution and is much more suitable for functional people.

Regards,

Yenthe

Discard