This question has been flagged

Hi!

I want to add a calculated field in Partner class.

To do this, I've made a module with the code below.

I made it first without trying to called parent function from super python method.

But I had this error:

NameError. name '_get_invoice_partner'  is not defined

And now I have called them with super method, I have this error:

TypeError: super(type, obj): obj must be an instance or subtype of type

Is someone could help me please?

from openerp.osv import osv

from openerp.osv import orm

from openerp.osv import fields

class Partner(osv.osv):

'''Partner'''

_inherit = 'res.partner'

def _get_invoice_partner(self, cr, uid, ids, context=None):

res = super(Partner, self)._get_invoice_partner(cr, uid, ids, context=context)

return res

def _get_partner_id(self, cr, uid, ids, context=None):

res = super(Partner, self)._get_partner_id(cr, uid, ids, context=context)

return res

def _get_last_mb_product(self, cr, uid, ids, name, args, context=None):

"""Return the last membership product buy by a user"""

name=name[0]

res ={}

member_line_obj = self.pool.get('membership.membership_line')

for partner in self.browse(cr, uid, ids, context=context):

partner_id = partner.id

line_id = member_line_obj.search(cr, uid, [

('partner', '=', partner_id),

('date_cancel', '=', False)

], limit=1, order='date_from', context=context)

if line_id:

res[partner.id] = {name: product_id}

product_id = member_line_obj.read(cr, uid, line_id[0], [name], context=context)[name][0]

return res

_columns = {

'membership_id': fields.function(

_get_last_mb_product, multi='membership_id',

string='Last membership product',

type='many2one',

obj='product.product',

store = {

'account.invoice': (_get_invoice_partner, ['state'], 10),

'membership.membership_line': (_get_partner_id, ['state'], 10, )

}, help="Last membership product"),

}

Partner()

Discard

L'Heureux-Cyclage, Ludovic CHEVALIER,
Your code seems to be fine
One of the only reason seeming possible is because there is no '_get_invoice_partner' function in the main/super res.partner object, thats why it is showing error while executing that line.
Try keeping a print statement in "_get_invoice_partner" function, before calling super of it, if it executes that print statement then simply remove the super call and it should work
Hope it helps!

Author

Hi Pawan! Thanks for your answer. "_get_invoice_partner" function existing in Partner class in pos_membership module. I put a print statement in pos_membership "_get_invoice_partner" function and in custom module. The one of pos_membership is called before the one of custom module. If I remove the super call in my custom module, I can't define a value to res and I have this logical error: NameError: global name 'res' is not defined And if I remove the return of res variable, I have this other logical error: TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable :-(

you can try to use another methods that no exist in core odoo, for example you can use _get_partner_id_custom and _get_invoice_partner_custom and call inside new methods custom the original methods and after modify "res"

Author Best Answer

Here is a code that works: http://git.heureux-cyclage.org/?p=burette/etudesetchantiersidf.git;a=blob;f=etudesetchantiersidf.py;h=4b5774ebd0d505c18dca5747449a8ad0745f7774;hb=ab989882154710b12c9ed2ed2ee74060974cd1cd

self did not return courant object (res.partner) but, 'account.invoice', 'pos.order' or 'membership.membership_line' depending which store field it is.

Discard
Best Answer

Had you put membership module in depends (__openerp__.py)?

if you have membership module in depends then override the method don't use super.

Discard
Author

Thanks for the answer! Here is my dependance tree for my module (">" == "depend from"): - custom module > bikecoop_l10n_fr > pos_membership > remembership > membership I thought it was ok with this configuration to override all of thoses dependances. I've added explicitly those dependances to my custom module: - membership, remembership, pos_membership If I remove "_get_invoice_partner" and "_get_partner_id" in my custom module, when I launch OpenERP, I have this strange error message: 2015-12-29 08:38:10,542 12528 CRITICAL custom_module openerp.modules.module: Couldn't load module web 2015-12-29 08:38:10,542 12528 CRITICAL custom_module openerp.modules.module: name '_get_invoice_partner' is not defined ??? If I add those two function, I have this message error again: TypeError: super(type, obj): obj must be an instance or subtype of type Any idea?