This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Trying to use serial number tracking. Need to add a serial number on a product on sales order, but there is no field to enter a serial number. Have checked the box to track products by serial numbers in the configuration section. Am I missing something or is it not yet implemented in V7 ?

Discard
Best Answer

It is not supported, that you can enter the serial number already in the sales order.

The earliest point where you can assign a serial number is the outgoing shipment after the sale order has been confirmed.

For what reason to you need this functionality?

Discard
Author

We need it to track which customer has which exact product. This ties in with guarantees and warranties. In our version of the software, if you try and enter a serial number on the shipment, we get this error. File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenERP 7.0-20130301-002301\Server\server.\openerp\osv\expression.py", line 1205, in to_sql File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenERP 7.0-20130301-002301\Server\server.\openerp\osv\expression.py", line 1156, in __leaf_to_sql TypeError: __leaf_to_sql() takes exactly 2 arguments (3 given)

Hi, I've the same error, did you get a solution ? thanks

Author

Sorry - no solution yet.

Hi I-Soft, here is the solution : https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/1156534