This question has been flagged
1 Reply

hi,

I just have seen a short demo about OpenERP 70 which has touched shortly the Thunderbird module. Have played around a little and I wonder whether you can do more with it then importing the name & mail address of the sender of an email (which is what I have managed to do so far).

For example can you import all contacts from an address book or a mailing list or just single contacts from the Thunderbird address book?

I know you could export the TB address book to a csv and then import this back in OpenERP but that has turned out to be very time consuming to finally match all fields. Actually I haven't managed to successfully to import whatsoever csv files yet. I get too many error messages yet (but that is not the question really here)

Discard
Best Answer

AFAIK the easiest way is:

• Export from Thunderbird to gmail
  • Import from gmail to OpenERP (There is some specific module available for this, I use: import_google you can find it in OpenERP Apps)
Discard
Author

hi ton,thanks for the feedback. Couldn't find a module, or app under the serch terms 'gmail' or 'googlemail' though. But honestly I'd prefer a solution without involving google. Anybody with a solution using the "thunderbird-plugin?" ... I have found a so called "thunderbird - Thunderbird Interface" in the meantime. Maybe that could help. But .. again found that on the http://v6apps.openerp.com list, so I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't work in v7. Checking ... will post the outcome here

Hi gunnar. As far as I can see you need two apps thunderbird and plugin_thunderbird. Your feed back if they work with v7 will be apreciated.

Author

hi ton, didn't get that to work n v7. But till now I have not even once got a module to work yet, so I wouldn't be totally surprised whether I did that wrong. >donwload from http://v6apps.openerp.com/ > unpack into \Program FIles\OpenERP 7.0-20130210-002135\Server\server\openerp\addons > then in OE >Settings >update Modules List ... a search afterwards only turns up the Thnderbird-Plugin, but not the Thunderbird Module.