This question has been flagged
5 Replies

Hello everyone! I am trying to do something that I thought should have been standard practice but it looks like Odoo does not support. Is there any way to replace product cost automatically through BOM cost? We are setting up Inventory Valuation with Costing Method = FIFO, Inventory Valuation = Automated since our raw materials change in price constantly and our finished products require several different raw materials to manufacture.

I found this old thread: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/calculate-product-cost-price-through-bom-91017 but the answer would only apply to Odoo v8 and we are on Odoo v11.

There are also a handful of BOM Cost Price modules: https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/browse?search=BOM+cost&series=11.0 that only appear to add a line item that calculate the cost of BOM. From my understanding with our setup, none of those have options to integrate into Product Cost.

Thanks for reading!

Matt.

Discard

I am also trying to solve this problem. Did anyone succeed?

Everything works correctly.(AAA + AAB = AAC)

- All configured as Automated FIFO;

- Purchase and entry of raw material in stock - Ok

- Manufacture and exit of raw material from stock - Ok

- Raw material cost - Ok

- Entry of manufactured product in stock - Ok

- Sale of manufactured product - Ok

- BOM cost - Ok

- Cost of manufactured product - NOK

Best Answer

For your manufactured product, Cost Price field is of little significance. Cost Analysis on manufacturing order would be more relevant.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Matt!

Have you find a way for solving this issue?

Discard

The module "Product Extension: Compute cost from BoM" is mentioned in the comments here, and it adds an Action to products to "Compute Price from BOM". Have you tried that?

Author Best Answer
Vishalratan thank you for your answer. Where can I find Cost Analysis on manufacturing orders? Is this done via third party module?
Discard

You can see it on the Manufacturing order in an Enterprise edition. For community edition you

For community edition you will have to search for a third party app or a customised solution.

Author

Got it. I am on community edition so no wonder I am scratching my head! Thanks for the feedback!

Best Answer

I have exactly the same problem. There are several parts that have to be assembled to create a saleable product. But the Bill of Materials (BOM) of the parts is useless in the manufacturing order. The saleable product will only have the Cost Price that is set manually. This Cost Price matters if you want the accounting take care of the expenses you have after consuming the parts.

In another case we have a subproduct with a BOM that is used inside a BOM of a saleable product. In that case I need to know the cost of the subproduct to compute the cost and expenses of the saleable product.

That means summing up the costs of the items of a BOM and update the cost of the product the BOM belongs to makes perfectly sense to me.

Does anybody know some piece of code to accomplish the update of the field "standard_prize" in the model "product.template" without breaking other functionality?

Discard

I found at least a hidden module called "product_extended" inside the apps (deselect the filter "apps" and search for the name). Installing this, creates a link "Compute from BOM" below the field "cost" which, if clicked, will update the cost with the sum of the BOM. That is at least something. 

Hi TK, thanks for the comment. I have installed the module, but I can't find the "Compute from BOM" field. Where is it?

Look at the product you want to manufacture, it is below the field cost.

Best Answer

Hi, try activating "multi steps routes" from the inventory/warehouse configuration options and make sure to select "Manufacture" in the manufactured product configuration

Discard