This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I'm currently trying out OpenERP 7, and have got a "server error" message when trying to uninstall a module. What should I do with the error message? Should it be submitted for analysis? How do I do that? Thanks.

Discard
Best Answer

Bug reporting on launchpad

Depending on the type of issue here are the place where to go and click on Report a bug (on the right tab)

If you think it is an official module that causes the issue (most cases):

If you think it is a server issue:

If you think it is a view issue:

You are not sure what kind of issue it is ? No problem, the OpenERP team will forward your bug report further on the good place.

In your case, a server error on unstalling an addon is certainly linked to the addons you are unstalling unless it is a server issue.

Be sure you explain with details what you were doing, and copy the complete error message to help the debugging team.

OpenERP Support

Nevertheless, if you want your bug report to be followed actively and if it isn't a severe or security issue you will certainly need to buy a support contract with OpenERP SA. Then you can ask there maintenance services to follow you case.

Best practive

A good approach is to create the ticket on launchpad, so you know if it has already been reported, and then open a support ticket at OpenERP.

Discard
Author

Thanks. I've reported a bug now.

Added OpenERP support topic. However, in the current case, the question was about trying OpenERP so this is more to inform people of the global bug report mechanism with OpenERP.

Can we have this answer listed under a different title? Maybe something like "How to submit bug reports or what to do with server errors?" The answer is very useful, but hard to find. Maybe it should be in the faq.

Best Answer

One way is buying a support contract with OpenERP SA. You will get a registration number, and from then on, you'll be able to submit a support request for any of those server errors.

The other way is creating an account on launchpad, and submitting a bug report on the openobject-server project, and then interacting with the other developpers to get your issue solved.

Discard
Author

Thanks. I've reported a bug now.