This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I have the following enviroment:

• Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
  • OpenERP 7.0
  • bazaar 2.5.1

In relation to a bug found on the v7. There is a patch, some user already tested and it seems to work.

I installed OpenErp7 following the useful tutorial on www.theopensourcerer.com. One of the steps is to download and install bazaar and the download the last branch of OpenERP:

bzr branch lp:openobject-server/7.0 server
bzr branch lp:openobject-addons/7.0 addons
bzr branch lp:openerp-web/7.0 web

I'm new using bazaar. Have read the manual and checked some samples. But I don't want to risk doing an update to try to correct the bug and mess up the installation. Could someone instruct me on the steps to do it? I mean, to download and install the patch?

Discard
Author Best Answer

The following commands can be used:

bzr patch <patch_filename_or_url>
patch <patch_filename_or_url>

First one worked for me.

Discard

like this bzr patch lp:~openerp-dev/openerp-web/trunk-bug-1083487-bth is ok?

Author

Seems ok to me, but as I stated on my question, I'm still new to bazaar so please be sure to backup before and of course, do not install the patch on a production enviroment, always use a test enviroment, on a local pc, virtual system, etc.

Thanks for your answer.I enter the code "patch <patch_filename_or_url>".It seems to work... But I wait 2hour .It still no action in my common line.I close it! How many time you should wait to patch a bug.

Author

2hrs? No good, something is not correct there. It depends on the size of the patch to download and your connection speed and I guess you are not using 56kb modem ;) So it should be no more that a few seconds,maybe half a minute, but no more. Are you sure the path to the patch is ok and is available?

If you want to fix this bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/openerp-web/+bug/1083487 .What would you do! thank you man!!

Author

Reading the launchapd comments,it was fixed by the user BhumiThakkar but then couple of weeks later the user Nicolas says "This bug will be solved in trunk after we finish resolving the more-important bugs in 7.0" So I guess is still not fixed. Neither ways, there is a branch to download not a patch

where can I get a patch file or patch url?Can you give me a url link to show how to do it?

Author

I can't give you nothig, I've just read what was posted on the same link you previously provided. So I'm sorry, but can't help you.

Thank you very much all the same!I know how to put a patch after I search use google!But is somewhere can download a The official patch or I should make a patch by myself?

Author

As I already commented, there is yet no patch for this error, please read the launchpad post you posted some comments before this one.