This question has been flagged

Cloud hosting, you get access to Odoo with standard functionality and standard modules. Your Odoo database is hosted on Odoo SA servers. You are not able to upload your own / third party modules.
If that's right, then I have 2 questions:

If you are no able to upload your own or third party modules. What is the functionality of the "base_import_module"?

And why in Debug Mode does the user have access to the app store? (Anyway the user can't install the apps?)

Discard
Author

Odoo Online Warning: Please note that apps bought on Odoo Apps do not work on Odoo Online !

I do not understand, after the statement of Odoo Home Page "With 10.000+ apps Odoo covers all your business needs" should leave some customers confused.

Best Answer

I have the same frustration. We are running on SAAS platform, and are missing some functionality and there are third party apps that provide it. I hope this is something that can be fixed in the future, since running on Odoo SA server is very effecttively and cost saving.

Discard

Lars - checkout odoo.sh for a hosted Odoo platform that allows you to use third party apps.