This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi

We´re investigating OpenERP v7 right now and i have a question to recurring invoices.

We have a lot of Monthly and Quarterly based SaaS Products and customers change their amount of space and users a lot. Is that possible with OpenERP or will that be an individual module that has to be developed?

Kind regards, David

Discard
Best Answer

Different solutions:

• You interface your application with OpenERP to create invoice automatically through XML-RPC. That's the best way as everything is fully automated, but you will have to develop the interface. (That's what we do with OpenERP Online; we do one contract for every subscription and one invoice per month)
  • You can use the subscription module that allow to generate documents (like invoices) every month or 3 months.
  • In the trunk version of OpenERP (for v8), contracts have a new feature to allow recurring invoices to be generated automatically based on several parameters.
Discard

I already use the recurring invoices feature in trunk. It seems to work quite well.

Best Answer

Not exactly sure what you are looking for, but I assume you want to charge each customer for space, number of users etc on either a monthly or quarterly basis. This is bread and butter for OpenERP. Just set up products for each service, then invoice as required. You can have pricelists, discounts etc as required.

Discard
Author

OK, but do i then need to have each customer in a contract (with the contract module) or is it working "by design" with standard modules ?

Author

Just to explain:

Author

Customer A has 7 Webhosting A and 10 GB Space - next month Customer A has 9 Webhosting A and 12 GB Space, next month 6 Webhosting and 8 GB Space.....