This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I am trying to install OpenERP V7.0 from launchPad. I did the :

sudo bzr branch lp:openobject-server/7.0 server
sudo bzr branch lp:openobject-addons/7.0 addons
sudo bzr branch lp:openerp-web/7.0 web

but folder addons is empty. Is it normal ? I also try openobject-server/trunk. Same result.

Discard

have you installed bzr? do you use three different commands separately? : sudo bzr branch lp:openobject-server/7.0 server etc.

No its not normal, the folder addons has a size of 850 Mo

Author

Thx Vaucher

Indeed it seems that it doesn't download all.... but how come ?

What does the command line : bzr checkout lp:openobject-addons/7.0 --lightweight addons ?

I added a link in my answer, using checkout instead of branch is another way to use the revisioning system. Branch is in pull / push mode and checkout is in update / commit mode.

The option --lightweight, only usable with checkout mode, won't download the whole history.

Don't you get any error message during the download?

Author

The --lightweight mode works fine. I was able to download the addons. Thanks again. But as you mentionned, I didn't get any error message on the screen. While downloading I don't have the hand on the "prompt", but then suddently I got i back, but the folder addons is empty. Swap mem looks fine also

Doing bzr co lp:~openerp/openobject-addons/trunk --lightweight addons for all repositories will help you get files downloaded quickly and successfully.

Best Answer

Maybe your download failed. It's quite long to get it.

You could try getting the addons branch with

bzr checkout lp:openobject-addons/7.0 --lightweight addons

--lightweight option specifies that you don't download the whole history This makes a download of a 200Mo branch instead of the complete 850Mo branch.

As the addons branch is quite big and active, the history itself, you got it, has a size of 650Mo.

By the way you shouldn't need to use sudo for bzr.

doc: Getting a lightweight checkout

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thx for answering;

Indeed it seems that it doesn't download all.... but how come ?

What does the command line : bzr checkout lp:openobject-addons/7.0 --lightweight addons ?

Discard

Please note that comments should not be posted as "Answers".

Best Answer

I was having all Addons inside my openobject-addons directory.

Then I did rm -fr /srv/openerp/openobject-addons

But Now when I'm trying

bzr branch lp:openobject-addons /srv/openerp/openobject-addons directory is Blank/Empty with only .bzr directory

I'm totally frustrated but not able to get any file/directory as it used to be earlier under my addons directory using bzr.

Please Help!

Discard

OK, I managed to get it work by removing addons folder first then by entering following command to featch all files into addons directory. bzr co lp:~openerp/openobject-addons/trunk --lightweight addons