This question has been flagged
8 Replies

Hello,
Is there a working method to build an excel/CSV report for Odoo 8?
I tried with:

• OpenOffice/LibreOffice plugin (works up to server connection, but can't read tables/columns structure from db)
  • jasper (odoo module not working)
  • aeroo (yes with the last updates from few days ago and ubuntu 12.04.5)
  • pentaho (pentaho button (from step 5) doesn't appear on the action menu)
  • QWeb (works for pdf, but no excel or csv support)

Am I missing something?
Is there a working and explained method to have an excel/csv report for Odoo 8?

Best regards
Alejandro

Discard

hello about pentaho have you appeas pentaho report in action technical odoo 8?

Author Best Answer

After lots of research, I found the only module which (up to this day) works with odoo 8: jasper reports.
If you choose to work with jasper, you will also need iReport to design the report.

Hope it helps.. 
Cheers 

Discard
Best Answer

HI Alejandro, 

You can check below apps which will export fields of data for any application into excel format 

https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/10.0/dev_export_excel/

Hope it Helps !

Thanks ,

Devintelle : Odoo Support Service Provider '

Mail: Devintelle@gmail.com

Discard
Best Answer

Not sure what it is you are looking for exactly, but it is possible to export to csv from any tree view. Make sure to click the checkbox at Settings/General Settings - > Import/Export.

In a tree view click checkboxes of the items you want to export (or click the box on top to select all) and select the fields of your choice. You can save the defined export to use any next time.

Discard
Best Answer

I know for a fact that Aeroo supports this on Odoo 7 and before. I don't know the current situation, nor have I tested it for Odoo 8.

Depending on the type of report, you could also take a look at the export-to-xls possibility as provided by the company zestybeans (google zb_web something).

Discard
Author

Thank you Ludo, I think I will have to do a new module with all the values I need to report and "export" those rows to CSV or Excel. It's weird that a basic functionality like "CSV reports" isn't implemented on Odoo.

Best Answer

I dont know if I am misunderstanding your question and answering the obvious, but yes, odoo 8 can build (export) cvs files by exporting on tree view. Just select/mark desired records and select 'export' on the 'more' button; the export tool will appear and allow to select fields to export on CVS format.

I hope this be useful.

Discard
Author

Hello Nestor, actually, I need to build a report with custom computed fields which is not supported by the csv/excel odoo exporter.