This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I am using community version 14. With the latest version, the Operations are now part of the BOM itself. When I go to the Operations tab and try to "add a line" it brings up the "Create Operations" menu (see screenshot below), instead of the list of Operations that I have already set up under Configuration. In other words, it makes me create new Operations every time.

However, in watching the "What's New in Odoo MRP" from the 2020 Experience, this behaves differently. When Brett clicked on "add a line" it brought up the standard list of Operations (see last screenshot). This is how I would expect it to work.

Why is this behaving differently for me? Is this because I'm on Community version instead of Enterprise?

Discard
Best Answer

I think that list of "operations" may actually come from the browser rather than Odoo!

The other issue here is that adding operations in Configuration / Operations doesn't create templates (as far as I know).  It does create operations without a BOM, but I don't think there is currently any use for those.

It is probably easiest to copy an existing BOM with operations and delete any that you don't need.

Discard
Author

I think you're right about list of operations is coming from the browser. I realized that after I posted it.

The issue with copying an existing BOM is the custom nature of our manufacturing. We never manufacture the same product. All our jobs are completely custom built and therefore have very little overlap of materials. Copying a BOM probably wouldn't help because the materials themselves would all need to be revised.

You don't need materials on a BOM, so you can create template BOMs that only have operations and copy them to use as the starting point.

Author
Thanks Chris.

Craig E. Steffen
Chief Financial Officer

Homeway Homes, Inc.
Address: 100 Homeway Ct, Deer Creek, IL 61733  
Office: (309) 447-6267, Ext. 207
Cell: (309) 208-7437  
Email: craigsteffen@homewayhomes.com

Connect with us!
Facebook | YouTube | Newsletter 

On Sun, Nov 22, 2020 at 5:57 AM Chris TRINGHAM <chris.odoo.email@gmail.com> wrote:

You don't need materials on a BOM, so you can create template BOMs that only have operations and copy them to use as the starting point.

Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo.

Best Answer

Hi Craig:

These are two different screens. The first screenshot from the community edition is from the BoM screen (Manufacturing > Products > Bills of Materials) whereas the second one from the enterprise edition is from the manufacturing order screen (Manufacturing) which is also available in CE.

Discard