This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Hi All,

If my customers sign up a login account as a portal user.

How do I force this new portal user to update his/her profile (Name, address , contact via the res.partner object tied to the portal user)?

I am thinking of running code to check if his/her profile is completed. And if not, it will launch a act_window and directs him/her to a res.partner's form to fill the details.

How can I achieve that?   

Discard

I faced a similar need and tried the 'Automation'. Really, it didn't work with me due to some other problems I encountered. I suggest checking it and see. You can find this in V8 , settings->Technical->Automation->Automated Actions

Author

I take a quick look it didn't work for me either. because the options are limited to a few events. Anyway I thought and had a workaround for my problem and I will post it.

Author

I take a quick look it didn't work for me either. because the options are limited to a few events. Anyway I thought and had a workaround for my problem and I will post it.

Author Best Answer

The workaround that I did was to create a first menu item which will display everytime a user first login.

Usually it is the first item menu, and I may the "My Profile" menu_item to trigger a server_action.

With that, not only I can able to run code to check the relevant things that I need, I can also trigger a act_window to display the profile of the login user.

Discard