This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Is it possible to have an option under OpenERP 7 to use "Reopen quotation" like in OpenERP 6? I think it is much better to keep the same order, and thus same SO number. I have not found this option, but it would it be possible to customize this?

Discard
Best Answer

patrick, the question raised by Suresh does actually make A LOT of sense. In real life you shouldn't create a new SO if what changed has no impact on numbers: you may need to change a customer reference or other info that have no effect on the product/service but affect administrative processes.

Not allowing cancel/reopen of confirmed sale orders is a limitation that do not certainly contribute in improving internal efficiency in a company using OpenERP - it adds administrative overhead and this is not good. It could have been left to the admin to choose if to allow or not sale orders to be reset - this would have been more generic.

dj

Discard
Best Answer

What if you miss-clicked by accident and just want to reopen it to keep the actual SO number that you gave to the customer?

Xavier.

Discard
Best Answer

There is no option by default to reopen a closed or cancelled order in openERP V7.

You have to make a module to create this possibility.

If yo think functionally, why do you want to reopen a closed order / quotation? Something has happened in the past which caused that situation. If somehow the original quotation needs to be opened, you know for sure things have changed. And in order not to mess up history, you create a copy of the closed order / quotation.

Discard
Author

The reasoning behind this is because we also sell "Service Hours" or "Additional Work Hours" through the Sales Order. Sometimes a quotation will be confirmed, but later on we may need to add 1 or more hours to the product quantity. This is a near daily occurence, and I think the 6.1 functionality would be more suitable.