This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi Everyone,

My question is more about using an ERP than Odoo itself... 

I setup an odoo8 db and customized it to perfectly fit our needs regarding sales, raw materials purchasing, stock, factoring.... and now that I'd like to start using it with the team, their first question was:

"Do we really need to create every products we would like to ask for quotation ? for exemples pen, chair, paper, .... and a variant for every different form, color, brand..."

And I'm pretty sure they have to... But we are not using Odoo for our accounting just to help us organize our work. Still, even for consumables we would like to take advantage of the RfQ functionality.

How do you manage your consumables ? Is there a way to RfQ without creating the related products ? well you get the idea

Thanks

Stéphane

EDIT:
Thanks to Ermin Trevisan a good solution for us is to change the description of the product will filling the RfQ. In this configuration our product list will stay clear. I didn't realize that the description was editable and saved for each RfQ
Discard

You're welcome!

Best Answer

These arguments and discussions are as old as ERP systems exist, I myself know them since almost 30 years :-)

It is and remains a trade-off. If you are only talking about consumables (no stock keeping), then you can think about "aggregated" products such as "misc small office supplies" and change the product description from case to case.

But be aware of being to generous with the creation of such products, you will very soon end up with tons of such products, because people are too lazy to properly manage products.

Discard
Best Answer

In the Accounting module when creating an invoice or bill the product choice is not mandatory ,it is mandatory in the sales and purchase modules only.

you can create an invoice or a vendor bill using the line description only without creating a product.

I hope this help in solving your problem.

Discard