This question has been flagged

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a simple automated action that will create a new ticket.
However whenever I run my python code it keeps loading and no ticket is ever created.

I have an automated action set up with the following config:
Base model: ticket
Triggers: not important because of debugging reasons.

Code I've tried:

new_ticket = env['helpdesk.ticket'].create({'name': 'some_name', 'stage_id': stage_id, 'team_id': team_id})

and

new_ticket = env['helpdesk.ticket'].sudo().create({'name': 'some_name', 'stage_id': stage_id, 'team_id': team_id})

This seems to be correct according to documentation but it doesn't work.

Thanks in advance.

Discard
Author Best Answer

My request went out twice everytime clogging the server I think.

This can be closed but I don't know how.

Discard

I would like to see this question answered for later Odoo versions as it is not outdated or irrelevant. My goal is to provide a form for the customer on the website Helpdesk page with several selectable options (checkbox or dropdown, etc.). Depending on the selection, I would like the inquiry to automatically forward to the correct team (i.e. another team model within the Helpdesk, not just another 'stage') based upon which selection is made and = True. This would keep hundreds of inquiries from stacking up in the initial Helpdesk Team to only be manually or randomly assigned, but rather auto-assigned in a more efficient and targeted fashion. I am going to see about submitting my question for version 13 (which we are on) and for version 15, which we hope to upgrade to soon.